Requesting a Commission
- During an open period, submit a completed form on this page. Please make sure to review all info several times before making a request to be sure you want my work and agree to all terms.
- If your request is accepted, I’ll respond within 48 hours with shipping instructions and a link to your custom order. Please understand that I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone or to refuse to work on some sculpts or projects.
- Payment is due upfront unless you’ve sent me more than 3 dolls in the last year, in which case payment is due upon receipt of final portfolio images.
- Once your order is accepted, please ship your doll/s within 7 business days. See packing section below for basic instructions.
- I’ll confirm within 48 hours of getting the package in-hand.
- Once I receive the doll, I will complete work between approximately 60-90 days. If there is some reason for delay, I will always post on my instagram (at)komorebi.dolls.
Things to Note
If you change your mind completely after receiving progress images/video or the final images, offering a second faceup is at my discretion. If you simply want small changes, feel free to ask, and I’ll try to work with you.
All official communication needs to happen via email. If you need to change your address, update it in PayPal AND send me an email. Don’t do this through social media as messages get lost.
I open every other month. the schedule is always posted in the menu and on the front page on this site.
I have high standards for quality but can’t offer or guarantee perfection: small irregularities like tiny dust particles are inevitable.
US and Canada requests are consistently open. Other regions may be restricted a particular times and slots outside North America are always limited.
I do not work on recasts. If you knowingly send me a recast, you will be charged shipping and for the wasted spot.
I own all rights to the information on this site and to my images. Clients are welcome to share from my instagram or to share unedited copies of the portfolio shoots I provide.
Failure to adhere to the terms outlined on this site may result in refusal of future services or other penalties.
Terms are subject to change at my discretion and always exist to ensure that I can provide the best service possible.
Service Options & Process
All requests are completed as original art works. I don’t copy anything directly. What you’re requesting is an original piece of art. Please review the instructions provided on the form page before each open date.
Resin BJD Request
- Complete the detail form I provide in the sidebar here.
- Create a Moodboard for your concept and provide a public link in the form.
- You may also create a pdf that includes the detail form and any references and upload it to any cloud service. Just include a non-password protected link in the form.
- If you want a progress image or video, I will send one at about 50% progress
PACK: the parts I’m painting–never send me a full doll–along with the headcap/back and any necessary parts like teeth. Please include an inventory of what’s in the box and your address and contact info in the box. Use a sturdy box with enough room for padding. The box should not rattle when shaken. I recommend insurance.
RETURN METHOD: I ship via USPS priority mail with full insurance and signature confirmation on all domestic packages (International see International section).
INSURANCE: You will need proof of purchase as well as the receipt from my shop to file a claim at usps.com. Because you are purchasing a service from me, not goods, you must be able to prove the value of both the doll and of my work. If a parcel arrives clearly damaged, please take photos before opening it; if there is damage internally, this will serve as proof that the damage was due to mishandling.
S/H FEES include a reasonable amount of re-packaging materials, up to $350 insurance per head and signature confirmation domestically and $200 insurance total internationally (many countries limit insurance on incoming parcels; please be aware of the risk).
The base rate for one head (or two low-value heads occasionally) is added at checkout; any additional fees (insurance for more heads, extra weight) is added to your custom order total.
You must provide customs/declaration info in your request. Clients accept all responsibility for customs and customs fees. Value markdown voids all possible insurance, and I accept no responsibility for loss or damage in transit.
Due to Covid-19-related delays, I ship EMS.
Please understand the risks and costs associated with sending your dolls outside your own country/continent and be familiar with your own country’s laws and regulations.
Some countries limit incoming insurance amounts; most are now restricted to $200 insurance. Please understand that there is nothing I can do about this and you must accept the risk.
You are welcome to use a shipping service to save shipping fees, but you will need to provide your service/agent’s mailing address at checkout and I cannot help you with delays or trouble with the agent (you must contact them directly).
Materials & Care
All dolls are painted with artist grade and resin-safe watercolors, pastels, acrylics, gouache, and pure mica and mineral pigments. Brands: sennelier, schminke, unison, pan pastel, finetec/coliro, daniel smith, mr hobby, liquitex, m. graham, pearl ex, kolorefx, golden, vallejo varnishes. All pigments have excellent lightfastness: no fugitive pigments.
For longevity, please store and handle your doll carefully. Painted surfaces are never meant to be touched with bare hands. Store away from heat, moisture, light, and surfaces (including other dolls or resin parts or your own manicure) that can scratch or damage its sealant. If you get a bit of dirt on the doll, very gently use a dry magic eraser to remove it. I recommend handling all painted parts with cloth inspection gloves (very affordable and available online).
All online vendors are now required by law to remit sales tax to the buyer’s state. This is assessed at checkout (my platform is in full compliance with the law) and is based entirely on your state, as mine does not have a sales tax. I never see this money and have nothing whatsoever to do with the collection and remittance process which is handled between my selling software and your state government.